Did you know your card bodies are made up of several layers of materials bonded together during the lamination process, any of your designs are printed prior to the clear over overlays?
Here are different printing as follows:
1. Offset Printing
- high image quality – clearer than letterpress printing because the blanket is in better contact with the texture on the surface of the printed material;
- various printing material optional in addition to the smooth paper, such as the wood, fabric, metal, leather, rougher paper, etc;
- quick and easy plate making;
- higher plate durability than direct lithography because there is no direct contact between the plate and the printing surface;
- Good at printing details such as small fonts and fine objects.
2. Silkscreen Printing
- various types of ink can be used, such as oily, water-based, synthetic resin emulsion type, powder and other types of ink;
- the screen printing layout is soft and has a certain elasticity, suitable for printing on both soft items ( such as paper and cloth ) and hard items ( such as glass, ceramics, etc.);
- suitable for printing on fragile objects due to the low pressure used during printing;
- thick ink layer and strong covering power;
- suitable for printing on small objects, large objects, flat surfaces, curved or spherical surfaces, without limitation from the size and surface shape of the substrate;
- greatly flexible and widely applied.
Except printing, here are further scraft may be applied to the cards making as follows:
- pantone color customizing
- signature panels
- magnetic stripes
- hot foiling
- bar codes
- photo identification
- serial/sequential numbering
The process of milling and embedding can make a cheap plastic card into a sophisticated smart card.
Our facility system utilises a precision triple axis CNC cutting head to mill the profile into the plastic card body. Chips are punched from 13mm carrier format and bonded securely into the milled cavity with a heated glue system.
After that, full testing is carried out to ensure the compliance to the ISO specifications. For example, the electrical test for each card is a part of this process.
By doing so, we are able to keep customer service levels high because of the strict control on the quality.
Newbega is one of the only handful manufactures that own these facilities in China. Also, from simple memory chips to full microprocessor based devices we have the skill & expertise to manufacture & deliver them all.
Therefore, as you can see, Newbega is very specialized at smart cards making. Till now, Newbega has offered a great number of high quality cards for our clients and win their belief.
NewBega has a vast amount of knowledge in the smart card industry, meaning we can help you with all your smart card needs.
- the most common material used for card bodies;
- the least expensive;
- can be used for both contact and contactless cards’ making.
- a shorter life expectancy than other materials due to a lower resistance to heat, UV and bending stress; which may cause the lamination and finishing layers begin to peel away as time goes by, then your card loses its quality.
The PVC quality grade can be divided into A,B,C.
- Grade A refers to the new materials, like Carbon (Thermal Sublimation Printer needs to use it);
- Grade B is recycled PVC materials(filling material are usually made of it );
- Grade C is 100% recycled PVC materials. The PVC cards we often make are made of the new materials of Grade A.
- unique polyester materials that are 100% eco-friendly recognized by the international organization, degradable and durable;
- very hard, and need to be printed by laser printers;
- can reduce the incidence of antenna connection breaks and contact plate separation caused by everyday use, flexing and bending of the card;
- suitable for long-life application or where cards are required to withstand a certain amount of duress, such as ID cards for education environments, military credentials, construction access, passports and more.
You can choose to use PET for the fabric and PVC for the middle material and film to achieve the purpose of reducing costs.
- PC stands for polycarbonate and this material offers a more rigide card body with a high resistance to damage from heat, flexing and UV;
- very hard, must be printed by laser printers;
- have a tendency toward breakability due to continuous automated handling which can create shatter cracks;
- the cost is very high because of its complicated process, and there are rare on the market;
- are generally used in government projects.
- a semi-environmental material;
- drop-proof, waterproof, UV-proof, high melting point;
- resistant to impact, heat and chemicals although it may become flammable, as it is possible for the material to reach a boiling point and burst into flames;
- its high print quality making it the ideal material for graphic-heavy card applications such as branded access cards and ID cards for universities and high end organisations;
- cannot be formed by itself, and needs to be mixed with PVC to inherit the ductility of PVC. Generally 30% of the ABS components are PVC;
- not compatible with standard direct printers, so a re-transfer printer is required when personalising these ABS cards;
- usually used in RFID keyfobs and RFID tokens.
- a green PVC range that will degrade within 39 months of its introduction to the environment, without any residual negative impact on the eco-system;
- 100% degradability, without any change in the physical or mechanical properties of Lucprint PVC. This means Luc-Bio can be run under standard conditions;
- Luc-Bio has received certification from an independent laboratory under agreement with the University of Milan;
- the Luc-Bio formulation also complies with REACH requirements, which certifies its complete safety in use;
- meets the full technical and production requirements of our industry.
- more compatible with human skin;
- usually used to make the silicone wristbands and silicone laundry tags.
- usually refers to the coated papaer, sometimes Black cardboard, pearl paper…
- Non-100% environmentally friendly materials;
- 30% PVC is mixed to inherit the ductility of PVC;
- The surface of the black cardboard is rough, so it is only suitable for hot stamping process, not suitable for printing;
- Pearl paper is generally used for customers who has the metallic design request.
Feature: 100% environmentally friendly material
Among rare Teslin cards suppliers, Newbega is the one who makes Teslin cards nice and cost-saving.
We, Newbega Technology, Co., Ltd, have our head office at Shenzhen, southern Guangdong province, the People’s Republic of China.
Shenzhen, a famous coastal city of China, is also called the China Silicon Valley, due to the presence of numerous top-tech companies and a massive congregation of highly skilled individuals in the area.
Shenzhen is also the center of overseas trade. So many factories, forwarders, sales companies regard Shenzhen as their base. At the city of Shenzhen, all kinds of resources are easier to be combined, which can greatly improve efficiency, save energy, and decrease cost.
Welcome to Shenzhen, visit our factory and know more about Newbega!